Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Big Wish Birthday Card - Artisan WOW

Welcome back to Artisan Wednesday WOW! We are moving on to our April box of Stampin' UP products from the 2014 Occasions Catalog! This box was full of STAMP SETS!!! So get ready to see some exciting stuff this month! We hope you stay with our Artisan Design Team Blog Hop to inspire you! You just came from Cathy Caines and next is Connie Collins, but before you come check out my Big Wish Birthday cards. 
I just thought this stamp set called Big Wish was perfect to make some birthday cards to have on hand!  I first started out with the soft subtles color card.  I used Pistacho Pudding, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party. I tried something new that I saw on Stampin Up website for a watercolor look. You can see it HERE. You can see close up how it makes the water spots in the ink. 
Then on this bold and bright card using Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise, I just did straight ink on the balloons. Love the Smoky Slate for a neutral on any card these days! Might be my new favorite color! The color combo possibilities is endless on this layout. Just pick your favorite colors and stamp away!
 Some of my favorite things on these cards:
The texture embossing folders on the card base: Chevron and Fancy Fan.
The Smoky Slate Chervon Ribbon!
The flag banner - I used Smoky Slate Write Marker to color in part of the stamp and then stamped in multi-colors with the happy birthday stamp.
I hand cut out the Smoky Slate garland stamp image and popped it up on dimensionals.
I added the paper doily crumbled up to soften the card more.
The button and Baker's Twine is tied around the garland cut image.

Thanks for stopping by!
 I hope this inspires you to make a few birthday cards with this stamp set!
Be sure to come back next week's blog hop too! The Artisan Design Team has a super special surprise for you all thanks to Stampin Up! You do not want to miss it!
Cindy
Move on to Connie by clicking on the next button!

6 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Wonderful cards, Cindy!

Cathy Caines said...

Clearly our brains were hanging out all week and we didn't know it!

Unknown said...

I love the bold colours in the card

Alanna said...

Thanks for the fun card ideas and variety of color combos!

AB. said...

Beautiful cards! You know, I hadn't even noticed this set in the catalogue until now and now I WANT IT!!! :)
Thank you for enabling me. :)

Jen Timko said...

So much fun! Love the collage word panel! I think you and Cathy fit in a sneak stamp date!